Day 1: ( ST. LUCIA WESTERN SHORES GAME DRIVE )
Departing Durban at 08h00 am we head towards the beautiful coastline of the Dolphin coast to catch sight of the sea and the early morning sun. We eventually cross over the Tugela River which used be the border between what was known as Natal and Zululand currently know as KwaZulu Natal. Passing through rural villages and historical sights. We should arrive at St. Lucia Western Shores entrance gate around 3 hours later. Many opportunities to see various animals and birds in their natural habitat, Enjoy your packed Lunch at some viewing spot and then we will head out to Charters Creek for some tranquility and see St. Lucia shores from a different perspective. Check in your accommodation and have Dinner
DAY 2: ( CROCODILE CENTRE, WALK IN THE WETLANDS and BOAT CRUISE )
A more relaxed day, Breakfast then off to the Crocodile Centre spending around 30 minutes then do an awesome 2.5 hour Walk in the St. Lucia Wetlands where you will have the rare opportunity of viewing more animals on foot. Back to St. Lucia for Lunch and relaxation. At 15h00 do a Boat Cruise for 2 hours to view family pods of Hippopotamus, the elusive Nile Crocodiles, abundant Bird life with clear view of the Gaint Fish Eagles, Goliath Herons and many types of Kingfishers all in their natural habitat. Ideal opportunity for some great photos of the Mangroves and natural vegetation of this pristine place.
We head back to the accommodation to freshen up and enjoy Dinner and Accommodation ensuring an early night in preparation for a very early start the next day.
DAY 3: ( FULL DAY GAME DRIVE AT HLUHLUWE/IMFOLOZI GAME PARK)
An early start travelling about 1 hour to get to the Hluhluwe/Imfolozi Game Park. We will first do the Hluhluwe section of the Game park and then the Imfolozi section. Our objective is to try and spot the 'Big 5' and many, many more wild animals and let you share in this experience and when its time to depart you will identify most of the animals seen. This is a combined effort by the guide and you as more eyes focused in different angles will yield much more sightings. A packed Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
TOUR DEPARTS ANY DAY AROUND 08h00 AM
MINIMUM NUMBER OF 2 PEOPLE
COST OF TOUR IS R4000.00 per person
· Pick-up and drop off at any accommodation in Durban city
· Packed Lunch on day 1
· Breakfast and Lunch on day 2
·: Breakfast and Lunch on day 3
· Services of Tekweni guide
· Boat cruise to view hippos and Crocs
· Toll fees
. All Entrance Fees
· Accommodation in standard Dorm Type Sharing
. If Accdommodation Upgrade is required to Double or Single then additional cost of R250 per person per night, Unit with your own En Suite, Small Kitchen, Lounge, TV and Complex Pool
WHAT TO BRING:
· Good walking shoes or hiking boots
· Rainproof jacket or poncho’s
· Warm clothes for cold evenings
· Camera and plenty of film
· A hat and sun block/screen
· Spending money for personal items such as curios, water and drinks.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
· Cameras are acceptable but the guide may request certain scenes not be photographed. Please respect this
· Times given are merely guidelines and can alter based on weather conditions
· Travel insurance is not included and full coverage is recommended
· Tour prices are subject to change at any time but usually annual increases are applied
· This tour has a one day, two day and three day option available.
· Please note unless you have made prior arrangements guests will be returned to the accommodation establishment they were collected from.
· Malaria precautions are advisable during the summer months and best advice is to consult your doctor.
· Insect repellant is advisable and we recommend “TABARD” which is best for ticks and mosquitoes.
· Binoculars are an advantage
· Please carry minimal luggage as space is limited and a lock up service is provided.
“DON’T JUST TASTE IT - TOUCH IT”