CITY TOUR STARTS AT 09h00AM (-+ 5 Hours )
The tour is a combination of driving and walking which will highlight the unique diversity of cultures surrounding the Durban City metropolitan. We visit the Temple of Understanding in Chatsworth, which is also known as the Centre of Spiritual Realization.
A visit to Botanical Gardens where we will take a walk in this tranquil setting of trees and various plantations. We will also visit the FIFA Moses Mabhida Soccer Stadium, Victoria Street Market and also an area known as the Warwick Street Junction. It is here that over three hundred thousand African commuters come in daily by bus, taxi and foot to go about their routines. Many people come from far rural areas to buy food or look for work as well as a local visit to the MUTI MARKET/TRADITIONAL HEALERS MARKET, which is our next stop. At the traditional healers market a point to consider is that researchers show an estimated four tons of trees and plants are cut and chopped weekly all in the aid of medicine. The area is also home to the largest sector of informal trade and your guide will demonstrate how shopkeepers and sidewalk traders work and live together in harmony.
Visit various sites such as the City Hall, Durban tourist junction and African Bead Centre.
A drive along the Durban Beach Promenade covering 7KM of the Golden Mile starting from Blue Lagoon and ending at Ushaka Marine World. We also take time out to cover the quaint Wilsons Wharf perched right on the wharfside.
A drive through to the Shack Dwelling of Cato Manor, the history and availability of facilities will all be discussed demonstrating how the free housing schemes work. South Africa and the European Union are involved in the housing projects and it is worth a visit to see the shacks and houses.
DEPARTS ANY DAY
MINIMUM NUMBER OF 2 PEOPLE
COST IS R500.00 PER PERSON
· Free pick-up and drop-off at any accommodation in and around immediate central Durban
· A Tekweni Ecotours tour guide
WHAT TO BRING:
· Reasonable walking shoes
· Lots of film with your camera
· A hat and suntan lotion
· Spending money for personal items, curios etc
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
· Cameras are acceptable but the guide will request certain areas not to be photographed. Please respect this.
· Travel insurance is not included and full coverage is recommended
· Tour prices are subject to change at any time but usually annual increases are applied
· Times given are merely guidelines if a group as a whole wishes to stay later they are more than welcome to.
“DON’T JUST TASTE IT - TOUCH IT”